1.4 billion people live on less than $1.25 US ($2 AUD) a day. Now it's our turn.
http://www.livebelowtheline.com/
In August 2010 join us in living on $2 a day, and commit to raising awareness and funds on behalf of those in greater need than ourselves.
SPONSOR ME as I live on $2 a day for 30 days: CREDIT CARD www.everydayhero.com.au/priyani_madan DIRECT DEBIT (email p.madan@theoaktree.org for details) or CASH (in person or email me for mailing details).

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 15./ halfway there.

Halfway there.
A whole fifteen days to go.

Halfway there.
It feels like it has been, and will be, an eternity.

Halfway there.
Until I can make choices again.

Halfway there.
And I am free, free to make choices and free to eat whatever I please, whenever I please.

Halfway there.
Yet I feel so bad, as noone living in poverty is ever 'halfway there'.

Halfway there.
And I have already learnt so much and gained so much knowledge.

Halfway there.
And I have a greater understanding of the struggle of poverty.

Halfway there.
And I now know that never, ever in my life will I ignore the issue of extreme poverty.

Halfway there.
And I am now sure that this is my passion and I will never give up fighting until extreme poverty is eradicated.

Halfway there.
And all my friends are now aware of my struggle, and more aware of the struggle of extreme poverty.

Halfway there.
I have educated so many people and will continue to.

Halfway there.
And I am sure we can eradicate extreme poverty within our lifetime.

(almost) Halfway there.
To my aim of $500.

Halfway there.
To 10 disadvantaged kids being sent to school for 6 months in Cambodia.

Halfway there.
To 2.5 teachers being educated and trained for 1 year.

Halfway there.
And you can donate here by credit card, or see me for cash/direct debit donations.

Halfway there.
And your support will help me complete my challenge.

Halfway there.
And I'm almost there.

1 comment:

  1. wow priyani I saw that you were doing this on facebook but brushed it off without really noticing (it is really terrible how often I do that) You are really inspiring especially with how much you believe in your cause. Keep up the good work!
    from Annastasia

    ReplyDelete